Help Please? Computer shutting off and on by itself

Fenn411

Hey everyone as you can see this is my first post. I am having some major problems with my brand new computer that we bought from MDG.

Our computer that we previously bought from them (over 3 years ago) started shutting off on its own and then eventually it just would'nt start back up at all. We brought it in to MDG to be fixed and they advised the power supply was gone and the motherboard. So we deiced to just buy another tower with all new stuff in it since we already have the monitor, keyboard and mouse.

We got the computer back yesterday and within one hour, the computer starting shutting off and turning back on by itself. Eventually, it stayed on but nothing happended on the screen. Can anyone advise what might be happending here. This should not be happening with a brand new tower. Here are the specifics of what we got:

Intel DG41TY Mother board OEM
Intel E5400 2.7GHZ/800MHZ/2MB OEM
2 GB DDR2 800 MHZ Memory
2 GB DDR2 800 MHZ Memory
Mid Tower case silver and black
Western Digital 500 GB S-ATA 16 MB Hard Rive
LG 22X DVDR/RW SATA GH22NS30 OEM
MS Office Home and Student 2010 OEM (should we have gotten a disk with this?)
Windows 7 Premium
MS Windows 7 recovery media 64bit
LGA 775 CPU Heatsink fan

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

jamesd1981

with a pc constantly restarting itself, its usually down to faulty or incorrectly installed memory or power supply, which should not be happening with a brand new pc, unless the company are incompetent, as far as your oem office 2010, usually with an oem version you wont get a disc.