Help!!!!!please!!!!!help!!!!!

mr_jojo

whenever i start my comp i get this error message that says that the file "pci.sys" is missing or corrupt and i hav no idea how to repair it. :confused: PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Start the Recovery Console and type "Expand <CD-ROM DRIVE:>\i386\pci.sy_ c:\Winnt\System32\drivers /y".

silver 95

just put the cd in, and reboot the computer. it will reboot and ask if you want to boot from the cd. if that doesnt work, go into your bios (by pressing DEL at boot) and make sure your cd-rom is set as the first boot device. it probably will be though anyways

mr_jojo

the cd is in and i reboot and nothing happens. it just reboots like regular and gives me the error essage that says that psi.sys is missing or corrupt. and it wont let me into my comp. and wen i go into my bios, well, it wont let me, it says something about EZflash getting something from a floppy disk or something. so i cant get into my bios, and i hav no way of getting into my comp, so how the hell am i supposed to solve this stupid problem? :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
the link doesnt work....
You sure? :p

how do I start my comp form the win xp cd?
1. Start the computer
2. Go into BIOS
3. Make it so that the computer tries to boot off the CD before the HDD
4. Put the CD in the drive
5. Exit BIOS
6. Wait and press a button when it tells you to