Help please!

CommanderCkC

I have been watching youtube videos and see people who have their xbox and/or PS3 hooked up to their computer monitor and can switch between all three of them just by hitting a button. How can I do this?

cohen

is it a one touch botton on their keyboard???

otherwise it is a button the monitor or a switch in place.

CommanderCkC

is it a one touch botton on their keyboard???

otherwise it is a button the monitor or a switch in place.
I don't know, it is unclear in their videos. But I was think about eventually hooking my mac that I use for school onto the same monitor so I could switch. Maybe even hook up my Wii to it. But is there a program you download or something for it to switch? How do you even hook mulitple systems up to one monitor? I am so confused.

cohen

I don't know, it is unclear in their videos. But I was think about eventually hooking my mac that I use for school onto the same monitor so I could switch. Maybe even hook up my Wii to it. But is there a program you download or something for it to switch? How do you even hook mulitple systems up to one monitor? I am so confused.

their is no program to do it.

I would say it is a switch or something on their monitors.

Like mine, i can switch between VGA and DVI.

CommanderCkC

their is no program to do it.

I would say it is a switch or something on their monitors.

Like mine, i can switch between VGA and DVI.
Ya, most of the ones in the videos are those Acer Monitors and the click or push something on the underside of the monitor and then something else and it switches.

just a noob

my aunt has something like this, she can switch between her two towers with just a button, i think its just an adapter that takes the input, and can switch between the two

cohen

i tried to find one,

here is a pic:

180px-Computers-kvm-switch-amoswolfe.png