help! please...

ChrisDVD

Hey guys,
Im having a problem with my internet.... I have dial up, and whenever i go on the net, windowns send a message like this: Windows has encounter a dangerous problem, and must shut down in one minute...

I have no viruses (i scanned).... and i don<t klnow what to do...
I have a windows vista....
Can anyone please help me?

Last edited:

Droogie

You really may want to consider DSL, you can get for like 15 bucks a month. As for your problem, I can remember getting that message back on my old Pentium 2, lol.

kumar28

Try to re-establish the Connection

Try to re-establish your dial-up connection, sometimes dial-up connections got corrupted and then the only solution is to re-establish the dial-up connection by setting up a new connection...

ChrisDVD

Hey guys, thanx for the reply...
So, to answer your question...
1. Can't get DSL here, live in the woods ;P
2. I have something like Kasperary.... scanned yesterday.... nothing. I am right now looking for a free antivirus... thinking of going with AVG.
3. I have a HP Pavillon Laptop, dv9000 , with Windows Vista <edition Famillial Prenium>.... (sorry, my laptop is in french...so im guessing family prenium edition)
4. just try redoing my connection thing, dosn<t work... my pc shut down again....

So, i will get back to you soon, to see if it is a virus or something.... Meanwhile, if anyone of you comes up with a solution, ... share youe idea...

Respital

I would highly suspect a virus...
Even though Kaspersky couldn't find any, maybe it skipped them or maybe it didn't have enough time to scan the whole computer.
Try posting a thread in the Computer Security section. ;)

ChrisDVD

So i did tons of scanning, and nothing...

i am wondering if a moderator could move the thread to a batter location???