Help please.

russb

Had a power cut and my computer went up the wall.I cannot play any of my games on Steam for some reason,tried system restore to no avail.Do i uninstall Steam and start again im at my wits end.Please help.

Aastii

VIP Member
Had a power cut and my computer went up the wall.I cannot play any of my games on Steam for some reason,tried system restore to no avail.Do i uninstall Steam and start again im at my wits end.Please help.

When you try to play a steam game, what does it actually do?

And which Steam games have you tried?

deanj20

Isn't there some sort of port forwarding you have to do via your router to play Steam games? Maybe when the power was cut, and everything came back on, your computer was assigned a different IP by the router, and therefore, you need to change your port forwarding settings??? Maybe...

Otherwise, please tell us what happens when you attempt to play Steam games

Aastii

VIP Member
Isn't there some sort of port forwarding you have to do via your router to play Steam games? Maybe when the power was cut, and everything came back on, your computer was assigned a different IP by the router, and therefore, you need to change your port forwarding settings??? Maybe...

Otherwise, please tell us what happens when you attempt to play Steam games

I've never had to do this, or even heard of this before :confused: it is a possibility I suppose if there is such problem, but it is so damn rare that I don't think it would be likely

deanj20

I've never played Steam games, so I don't know for certain. But I know I have to re-route my ports on my router to my desktop web server every time the power goes down. So I did a quick Google search for Steam port forwarding, and got over 300K returns, so maybe there's something to it...

If the OP will give us the actual error, we can get a better idea about what has happened. I would think the System Restore would have set back everything to normal on his computer, so that leads me to believe the problem may be elsewhere (ie the router). Maybe... ;)

russb

Cod BLOP's i can play SP but not MP,this seems to be the only one im having trouble with.I have done system restores and still dont work.It's bad enough
that i cant play MoH because it appears i have the wrong verson and i cant get that game updated.If i had hair i would be pulling it out now.
When i click on play the steam box comes up to say connecting but then goes off very quick and i'm left with nothing.

Last edited: