Help please

Cadecade09

I have a gtx 1050 and want to put it into a prebuilt computer but I don't know if you have to delete the old drivers and download the new ones or if you can just get the new ones overtop of the old ones. Please help

_Pete_

I would uninstall the old drivers in device manager, shut the computer down, insert card and turn on computer. The computer should auto detect the card and if you are lucky it will automatically download the appropriate drivers and install those. If it doesn't then it will ask for a driver from the installation DVD. If you do not have any installation media then before you delete everything and shut your computer down download the drivers and put them on a USB stick. They will also be on your computer in your downloads folder.

beers

Staff member
You can uninstall after you install the new card if you want.

I did that going Radeon 7770 -> 1080 Ti on this rig. No conflicts, came right up.

_Pete_

upload_2017-9-10_19-42-10.jpegOn board graphics are not a graphics CARD they will be a graphics chip on the motherboard.. This is a graphics CARD and would be plugged in to the graphics slot on your motherboard.. If you are playing around with on board graphics you wont be plugging any cards in.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Would you do that the same way if they are onboard graphics ??
Yes you would do the same thing.

View attachment 8443On board graphics are not a graphics CARD they will be a graphics chip on the motherboard.. This is a graphics CARD and would be plugged in to the graphics slot on your motherboard.. If you are playing around with on board graphics you wont be plugging any cards in.
OP already knows what a graphics card is. He is asking if you still uninstall the old driver when it's onboard graphics. The answer is yes, you would still uninstall the old drivers.