Help plz!!!

andyobmonkey

i have a Creative Labs Sound Blaster 5.1 and a 2 speaker set, they are 2 large stereo speakers and the bass they give out gives me no reason to need a sub-woofer, but i want to know if i need a better sound card to make them work at there full potensial???? :confused:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
What audio are you running now? onboard sound? if so what is your board?
He's running a Soundblaster Live

What audio are you running now? onboard sound? if so what is your board?
No you dont. To get the "full potential", just get some more speakers :)

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
i need a better sound card to make them work at there full potensial????
No, all you got to have is a good amplifier for the speakers.
But make sure that the card's audio layout is configured to stereo speakers and clear all the fancy audio effects (this would "increase" output quality on tiny plastic speakers only).

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
If you want Great sound Get a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
To be honest, unless you're and audiophille (even then i contest :p), one wouldnt notice much diff in the S/N ratios (well i wouldnt think so at any rate). The Audigy2ZS is an awesome card no doubt but the SBLive should be more than enough (and 'sides, if he's worrying about getting the SBLive to work to its full potential, that problem wont go away if he upgrades to the SBAudigy2ZS as it'll still be limited by speakercount)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
If you're looking to get a 4/4.1/5/5.1 setup, yes you'll need more speakers .. the soundcard can handle all those modes, it just needs the speakers :)