help plz

Nelf

hello, i have a question and maybe someone on here can help me out with it.

i do a lot of audio editing on the pc i have now (not 100% sure of the specs)
im a senior in highschool and will also be needing a computer next year for college.

the other day my dad suggested a seperate computer for my audio editing (with the idea it would be seperate from internet (as i dont need it until next year) and also the idea that it is more stable) with the justification that i'll need one for next year... i am very interested in a macintosh computer as they are allegidly more reliable and are suposed to be better with editing video/audio than pc's are (this is only what i've been told)

i was looking at the new mac mini

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...z9CSM1lntC5ej/0.0.11.1.0.6.21.1.3.1.0.0.0.1.0

and i was wondering if this would be adequit for my needs, the low price was appealing, and if i got that one i'd upgrade the ram to 512 right away-i am also aware that it doesnt come with a keyboard/mouse/moniter... it also only has a headphone jack but im pretty sure that some/maybe many speakers can work with a headphone jack only... right???

would this computer work for me? if not, can you please suggest another one in a good price range (mac or pc) that is rated well for audio editing (im in a band and do my own producing in my basement/audobe audition 1.5....
i've been told that logic express 7 is the equivilent made by mac.. is this true? or which is better? i know im not a "PRO" producer but i am obviously really concerned with the quality/power of the program as i do take my time and make some realitively quality stuff.... user friendlyness is NOT a factor because i know what im doing with it (don't test me please because you'll break me haha)

thanks a lot

-nelf

Bobo

banned
The link is dead, how about a model #?

My speakers plug into a headphone jack, I have a splitter

red onion

I am not a professional audio engineer, but sometimes I like to use Audacity to do audio editing. It is available for Linux, Windows or Mac so you should be able to work on either. Macs are prolly more secure, but if it is not connected to the net that should not be an issue.
Yes, you can connect speakers to a headphone jack, but you would do better with a PC that could take a standard sound card.