HELP! Problems with my dvd burner

maxxx6969

So i just got my new comp and im already having problems with my dvd burner... i put the dvd i want to burn in and it says this disc is copy-protected, so if this disc is copy protected this means i cant burn movie's on my comp at all??? im confused...i baught a comp with a dvd burner to make duplicates of my dvd's to prolong them, is there a way i can copy dvd's and get around this?

mgoldb2

VIP Member
you need to buy special software to get pass the copy protection. I am sure someone else will post name of the software if it not against the rules.

aqsg72

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yes, DVD Shrink needs Nero in order to burn DVDs.

DVD Shrink will also burn your backup DVD, if you have installed the latest version of Nero. You can download a demo version of Nero here. If you already possess alternative burning software and prefer to stick with it, then you can still use DVD Shrink. The output from DVD Shrink can be saved as files on your hard drive, which you can then burn with software of your choice.

http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

Good alternatives would be DVD Decrypter and Alcohol 120% ;)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Good alternatives would be DVD Decrypter and Alcohol 120%
Although i reccomend A120 hands down, it is important to note that its designed not as a "general purppose" burner but as a "image burner" and specifically a "protected image burner" proggie. If you want a general purpose burner, nero would be the route to go :)