Help, Quickly Please!!!!

golavaman

alright, so i sent my mobo back to asus, and they sent me a new one that seems to be working, but when i turn it on nothing comes through the video card and onto my screen, i was thinking it was a ram problem but i'm not sure. i've tried a different video card. any help would be greatly be apreciated.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Try using the onboard video if your mobo has it, y default all boards will use the onboard first. If you get a picture then go into the BIOS and change it to display on the PCI/AGP instead of ONBOARD.

reciprokal

lol.... i am in the same boat, i sent two fryed a8n sli deluxe(s) to them few months ago, one returned as still defective and the other is working good(i am using it while i am typing this). i have contacted them about the defective one, they said I have to phone the tech department and get a tech case # or else they would not accept any returned RMA.

Last edited:

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
golavaman said:
alright, so i sent my mobo back to asus, and they sent me a new one that seems to be working, but when i turn it on nothing comes through the video card and onto my screen, i was thinking it was a ram problem but i'm not sure. i've tried a different video card. any help would be greatly be apreciated.
try putting the ram into a different slot.

Lax

VIP Member
try putting the ram into a different slot.

Which usually means it's got a bad ram slot. You might wanna put it back in the "bad" slot and run a pass with memtest86. If you get tons of errors it means the slot's broken and you might wanna RMA it again.

golavaman

figured it out

aparently, there is only one slot to put the memmory in if you only have one modjule, so, yeah, that's what asus said. but thanks for all your help on this forum, i just finished my first build, well, not exactly my first. but, if it wasent for this forum i would have never finished my computer.

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Which usually means it's got a bad ram slot. You might wanna put it back in the "bad" slot and run a pass with memtest86. If you get tons of errors it means the slot's broken and you might wanna RMA it again.
Or you have a type of memory densitiy not designed for that configuration

Lax

VIP Member
Or you have a type of memory densitiy not designed for that configuration
Indeed, but with most newer boards I've seen (I'm sure there are tons that are more picky) they only have problems if the RAM is ECC/non-ECC.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed, but with most newer boards I've seen (I'm sure there are tons that are more picky) they only have problems if the RAM is ECC/non-ECC.
Yeah most of the density related problems worked themselves out after DDR became standard

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I have the same problem and I also have an ASUS. Does this happen alot with ASUS mobos?
This doesnt happen with many motherboards period. People who usually encounter these problems are trying to use some "wierd" memory configurations.