Help! RIP

flip218

VIP Member
sho95 said:
yes you could use DVD Decrypter but it would use to much space.

You seem to be a Shrink supporter ... I don't mind using Shrink (used to use it all the time), now use Recode 2. But you do know Shrink alone will not rip the newer copy protections, right?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
yes you could use DVD Decrypter but it would use to much space.
Ok so we could use SmartRipper or whatever but that would use the same amount of space too considering we'd be ripping the same stuff ....

Try backing up Bourne Supremecy or Resident Evil 2 or Ray with ONLY DVD Shrink.
Hahahahahahah :D:D:D (are they still asking about how to to ResEv2 on the darkside?)

sho95

I have done it and if you don't believe that thats up to you guys. Check your version to the lates one, that could explain alot. Shrink is more sensitive to some dvd's. The problem I had today was on "Spanglish" but then a borrowed my friends and that one worked. I did have a problem with one, can remember the dvd but Shrink and DVD Decrypter would not work so had to use DVD43. Don't get me wrong guys dvd decrypter works great but I like the ez use of shrink. But just incase I have all 3 options.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I have done it and if you don't believe that thats up to you guys. Check
Like i said, what's the protection scheme you had to circumvent.

Check your version to the lates one, that could explain alot
Ironically enough we know the guy who programmed it.

Nephilim

VIP Member
I have done it and if you don't believe that thats up to you guys.

I don't believe you one bit. As Praetor stated, we know the guy who coded Shrink and it CAN'T defeat the new protections being used on the titles we listed so you may want to come visit us sometime in what's called the real world - it's a neat place where we all work with these really cool things called facts. Give my regards to everyone in La La Land.

sho95

Then ask him why I can do it? I'm just passing my info to help you guys out.
I just use shrink in stander form no special setup. But I just do my own backups. Maybe thats way I have not seen problems. could it be that the dvd's I buy from my rental place not be originals? what do you guys think?

flip218

VIP Member
and your full of it ... if you say you can rip Resident Evil 2 using ONLY DVD Shrink

You can't even get past the first initial analysis using only DVD Shrink

sho95

No one answerd the questions of my last post. That being if my Originals are copies?
I did not insulted any of you in any way. So give me the respect I gave you guys. I would like to know if my Originals are copies that way I can get my money back from the rental place.I paid good money to get Originals not copies.

So if you guys coool way down and please answer my question.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
No one answerd the questions of my last post. That being if my Originals are copies?
I did not insulted any of you in any way. So give me the respect I gave you guys. I would like to know if my Originals are copies that way I can get my money back from the rental place.I paid good money to get Originals not copies.
So if you guys coool way down and please answer my question.
Yeah Neph and Flip you guys defnitely went a bit over the edge there and while i do understand why, it's slighly unprofessional. That being said there are some concrete pieces of information:
  1. Resident Evil 2 cannot be copied "just like that" using DVDShrink. You require something akin to VobBlanker to strip out the protection. Neph, Flip and myself are Mods on a more "multimedia oriented" forum and have encountered roughly a billion questions about "why cant DVDShrink copy this etc" and doing some research into the copy protection schemes you will quickly see where the "skepticsm" (and that's putting it lightly) comes from :)
  2. Once you get rid of the protection you can make a DVD clone/image/rip as you would normally
  3. That being said, if you just DVDShrink-ed it "just like that" then you did a backup of a copy that was already stripped (i.e., not-original). Whether or not you can get your money

flip218

VIP Member
could it be that the dvd's I buy from my rental place not be originals? what do you guys think?

Most likely no, because that would be illegal. And if the business is in the U.S. and selling copyrighted material illegal, then there would be serious penalties.

Yeah Neph and Flip you guys defnitely went a bit over the edge there and while i do understand why, it's slighly unprofessional.

Who said anything about being professional? :) Is it in the forum rules? lol

Nah j/k, me sooo sorry :) It's just it's very very hard to believe he's got the special download of Shrink that will allow ripping of the newer copy protections, and everybody elses cannot do it.

The problem I had today was on "Spanglish" but then a borrowed my friends and that one worked. I did have a problem with one, can remember the dvd but Shrink and DVD Decrypter would not work so had to use DVD43.

Now you mention DVD43 ... You know DVD43 autostarts and runs in the background? much like AnyDVD. Could this be why Shrink works so well for you?

As far as Spanglish .. picked it up today. So many people seem to be having a problem with it, so I'm going to see if it's true.

Right now it's getting ripped on my Dell using the newest DVD Decrypter. So far so good, will run it through Recode2 to see if the backup comes out.