Help!!! spam flooding my email account

alyoob

I recently found out that my aol email account has been flooding for the past month with spam email. I was wondering if there is anyway to get rid of them for good. A lot of them are the same spam emails and everytime i delete them they come back. From 2/14/2008 to 2/15/2008 I received a total of 47 spam emails.

patrickv

you can use filters, are you using Gmail or hotmail ?
whichever way you can use filters and specify which domain is safe etc etc..
if you're in gmail go to settings then filters !!!

Last edited:

Le GoogelGuRu

If spam is being an increasingly annoying problem, another resort would be to get another email account. There are several free alternatives online that, in my opinion, are superior to the services of AOL anyway. You could try Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail or GMail (I recommend GMail) just to name a few.

If you do decide to go with a new email address, you might want to inform family and friends that you are using a new address and you probably should take more precautions in keeping your email address private on the internet and only telling people you trust and possibly setting up an alternate one for registering at websites, forums, etc.

Just a suggestion.

patrickv

Did you read my post I am using aol ?

ah am sorry mate, i missed that part but then again, can't AOL do filters ?
i've never and won't ever use Aol so i won't know.
and besides there's much better alternatives to Aol like Le GoogelGuRu mentioned.