help syncing photo albums

zombine210

i'm using sony picture motion browser on a windows xp machine with three users. i've set it to register the same folder under the three accounts.

the problem is when one user downloads photos to that folder, they don't show up when the other users open the program...

how can i make this software work with all users? i can't find this online, maybe its a windows setting?

thanks,

deanj20

i've set it to register the same folder under the three accounts.

What Folder did you set it to? What happens if you go to that folder on the drive - is everything there from all users?

I'm not familiar with the program, but from what you've said it sounds like it must be saving the photos to somewhere in C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Pictures\ or somewhere in that vicinity, so that the folder will be different for every user.

You ought to change the folder location to somewhere like C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures\ so that it will be the same for all users.

Or am I just way off..? :p

zombine210

i created teh folder c:\photos\
and registered that folder under the sony picture motion browser program. i figured whatever user downloads the picture they go to that folder, then any user that opens the program it grabs all the photos from that folder. the problem is the other users don't see the photos downloaded by another user.

i might do it like you said and move the photos to the allusers documents.

thanks.