Help to make a decision.

Monkeyboy

Hello all.
I have put my money down on an HP 27" all in one, as my old computer is taking forever to start up,
shut down and and browse the web.
It is a Dell Optiplex 7010 office desktop with an intel i5 processor and an HDD that I got from work
after they upgraded years ago. I liked it because it was so small and I could put my monitor on top of it.

THe HP has the following specs: HP 27" All-in-One PC (AMD Ryzen 5 7520U/512GB SSD/16GB RAM/Windows 11)
Model Number: 27-cr0009

Windows 11 Home
Processor Type
AMD Ryzen 5 7520U
Processor Speed
2.80 GHz
Processor Cores
Processor Cache
4 MB
RAM Size
16 GB
RAM Type
16 GB LPDDR5-5500 MHz RAM
Solid-State Drive Capacity
512 GB
Graphics Card
AMD Radeon

Yes
HDCP Compliant
No
Native Screen Resolution
FHD (1920 x 1080); IPS
VR Ready
No
Networking
Integrated Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi 6 (1x1)
Integrated Bluetooth
Yes - 5.3
Inputs & Outputs
USB Ports
I/O Ports - Back
3 x USB 2.0 Type-A; 1 x USB Type-C 5Gbps Signaling Rate(42); 2 x USB; Type-A 5Gbps Signaling Rate; HDMI Out
Other Input or Output Ports
Headphone/Microphone Combo
Expansion Slots
2 x M.2 (Occupied)

Several days later another retailer has a Certified Data 27" All in One for sale for the same price.
Here are the specs for this one:

Intel Core i3-12100 processor for smooth multitasking and responsiveness
16GB DDR4 memory ensures fast and efficient operation
1TB M.2 NVME storage for lightning-fast data access and ample space
27in 1920x1080P LED screen for a vibrant and immersive display
Built-in 1080P camera for clear and high-definition video calls
2CH speakers for superior audio quality
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for seamless wireless connectivity
Adjustable stand base for customized viewing angles
Includes a wireless keyboard and mouse for added convenience
Windows 11 Home for enhanced features and user-friendly interface

The display looks to be equal. The Certified Data has more memory at 1 TB compared to the HP at 512GB
but this is not that important to me.
The basic question is, which is better based on what is known of the specs and the manufacturer?
It looks as though the clock speed of the Intel i3 3.3Ghz is better than the Ryzen 5 7520U at 2.8Ghz
as well as other benchmarks in general such as the cache. Both of the CPUs are 4 core CPUs.
Is the Intel "chip" processor better that the AMD?
I really don't know much about computers to be able to decide which is better for the money.
They are both $899.00 with Hp being $400 off of regular price and the CD being $100.00 off regular retail.

My wife and I surf the web, use office, watch the odd video when we get a free trial offer for Amazon prime or something like that.
I would like to get into Google sketchup so a big screen would be great for this.
Other than these basic things I can't see us using our new computer for much more than we are now.
I don't think either are ready for VR so when I decide to get into that I guess I will need a new computer.
Also are these All in Ones upgradable? Could I get a better processer/chip in future and keep it?
I found it difficult just to find a "professional" review the HP All in one because the number Cr-0009
differs from Cr-0060 and Cr-0057c, etc. I can't figure out what the difference in these numbers mean. Is it just a matter of the memory size?
I feel like these manufacuters put out basically the very same model of computer but have just such subtle differences
that it is hard to compare them on purpose between retailers.
Kind of like the same mattress at one store has a different quilted pattern, name and label at another
so most can't compare them fairly.:confused:

Any unbiased advice is welcome.
Thanks

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
A Ryzen 5 is better than an i3. The HP is the better option.

Do not plan to upgrade more than the RAM or SSD.