Help Troubleshoot!

Kjob

New Member
Essentially, Im building my new computer and Ive encountered a major problem.
My processsor (E8400) is apparently heating upwards of 100 deg celcius while Im still in BIOS (at which point computer decides to shut it self down).
I've tried reseating and reapplying an appropriate amount of thermal compound several times with no improvement.
Also, the fan is making a noise, like its hitting something...(All wires and what not are out of its way, though) and its only spinning at 1.6k rpm.
Any advice?
 
As a safety measure, I'd just go ahead and replace the fan. I guess that an Intel processor has better thermal protection (auto shut off) and as a former AMD user, I've learned that the hard way. Try replacing the fan and see what results yield.
 
Let it be for about a good hour so it'll cool down - if it is acting like this, it needs to cool down. A little bit of residual heat from hard work might be the cause.
 
Back
Top