Help, try to install oracle Virtual Box on Windows 8.1 laptop

paulcheung

Hi guys, I need some help to install windows XP on the Oracle Virtual Box in a Windows 8.1 laptop.
I down load the Virtual Box and installed in the windows 8.1 laptop already, I don't know how to install the windows XP 32 bit in the Virtual Box. Can any one help?

Thank you.

Troncoso

VIP Member
You need to have a disk or disk image of Windows XP 32 bit. Then you need to create a profile for XP and start it up. At this point it's booting a virtual computer with no OS. This is where you'll want to have the disk in the machine or mount the disk image from the menu. Then, it'll load the installer and you just follow the instructions from there.

paulcheung

Thank you, but I don't see any mount command on the menu and I don't have any cd/dvd drive in this laptop. anything else I can do?

strollin

Without a CD drive, you'll need to have an ISO of an XP install disk somewhere on your drive. Create a New VM for XP then click Start to boot it. The first time you boot, VirtualBox will ask you where it can find the install disk. Navigate to the location on your drive where you have the XP ISO and select the ISO. The VM will then boot from the ISO and proceed with the install.

paulcheung

Got it to work, thanks, I have a new problem though, I can't get the shared folder to work. The creation of the shared folder don't stick, mean every time I created it, after click on ok and come out, it don't show on the Window XP box and go back to the system then the creation is gone, no shared folder. any idea? thanks