Help! Trying to pick a new PC...

jusbat

New Member
Heyhey, I'm new to this forum so hi everyone.
I've only just started getting into computers and so far I just have a laptop which is absolutely no good for playing games on. I'm planning to buy a new PC mainly for gaming and I have roughly £500 to spend and no idea at all how to choose a good PC. I don't wanna make the wrong choice coz £500 is a lot of money! lol. So I'd really appreciate any help anyone could give me on what to look for.

Here's two I've been looking at so far:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/904890

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...u=803736&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null

Thank you!
 
Well starting off with your money Pal, I don't know where you live but... Both of those systems are priced in Euro's. 500 Euro's is about the equivalent of $740 USD[US Dollars]
So why don't you get back to us on that. Sorry if it was a rude awakening.
 
Build your own.

Well I wouldn't buy anything from PC world - Their Computers are poor quality and build.

Why not build your own, it would work out cheaper and you'll get better parts.

As your in the UK, take a look at www.ebuyer.com or www.overclockers.co.uk for an idea what build prices would be.

Or tell us what type of system your wanting and we can give you a rough idea what you need.

Encryptor
Linux rocks the planet...
 
Last edited:
So you want £500 include everything?
I will suggest you build it yourself. I personally can't find any good gaming PC within £500...
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/143203
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/148024
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/116755
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/134732
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/145450
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/131301
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/132128
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/63283
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/112899
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/128714
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/123067
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/105591

E2220 + MSI P43 + OCZ 2GB + Zotac 8800GT 512MB + Seagate 250GB + Samsung DVD burner + Hiper 530W + Cheap case + Vista Premium 64bit oem + Hanns-G 19" LCD + cheap Keyboard & Mouse

£505, include VAT, Exclude delivery
 
Last edited:
I'm not a AMD or Intel fan boy, I just buy/build within budget.

So if you went AMD you could get a very good gaming PC for £500

Encryptor
Linux rocks the planet...
 
1x Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Socket AM2 Retail Boxed Processor
1x DFI LANPARTY DK 790FX-M2RS Socket AM2+ 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
2x OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 CL 4-4-4-15 PLATINUM XTC with LIFETIME WARRANTY
2x Sapphire HD 3870 512MB GDDR3 Dual DVI HDTV Out PCI-E Graphics Card
1x Casecom LG-5570 Black/Silver Mid Tower Case - With 500W PSU 12CM Fan 20+4pin
1x Optiarc AD-7200S 20X DVD±RW/DL/RAM Internal SATA Bare Black Drive - OEM
1x Enlight Black 26-in-1 Internal 3.5" Card Reader - Retail Boxed
1x Maxtor STM3250310AS 250GB SATAII 8MB Cache - OEM

That's

Amd x2 6000+
4GB DDR2 800Mhz
2 x (in crossfire) ATI HD 3870 512MB

Will run any game including Crisis.

If you've got an extra £30 I would change the Power Supply to a 700w


Total £482 delivered or £522 with the bigger power supply.

Encryptor
Linux rocks the planet...
 
wow lol. i had no idea everyone would be so helpful, thank you very much haha. I'm definitely gunna build it myself/get my friend who is good with computers to help me build it lol. and justin, don't worry about it, easy mistake to make, btw i'm a girl. thanks to daisymtc and encryptor for being so thorough, i'm definitely gunna use your suggestions and links. Thanks again!! :)
 
i think the best thing to do now days is to purchase an HP from Costco for around $400 and just switch the video card and put more ram, youll save so much and now days the hardware HP uses is pretty top notch.
 
Back
Top