Help uninstalling/re-installing computer game

jt23

Hi all I'm a new member and hope to be an active one

Gonna try and make a long story short. I installed a game called test drive unlimited and everything was working fine when all of the sudden the game was freezing on me so I tried to uninstall the program but found that the uninstaller was corrupted so I figured I would just delete the folder from program files and clear out the registry using reg-edit but when I try to run the auto play I get an error that says "error launching game" and I when I try to run the installer directly from the CD it takes me to the uninstall program. I have tried a few uninstall programs like revo but they all pull up the uinstaller from the game which won't work. I run reg edit but cannot find any entries for this game left, I also deleted the folder from program files, I deleted a folder related to the program from my documents, and also deleted the folder from the users/application data but it is still giving me the same error I can't figure out how to get rid of this program so I can re-install it. Any suggestions

N3crosis

Thanks I have actually run cclearner bolth the cleaner and registry sections a few times, as well as some other registry repair/cleaner programs. but they have not worked.

Are you getting an invalid drive error?

jt23

No actually I'm just getting an error from atari wich is the company the company that makes the game and it says error launching game. Theres no code or error number. thats all it says.

Kosh

insert your cd right click the drive and hit explore.see if you can run the uninstaller from the disc that may get rid of its leftovers.

EDIT:is the program stuck in the add/remove programs?

Last edited: