Help W/ custom Build

Legend69

New Member
Hey, Im looking to make myself a custom gaming computer but Im not very knowledgable in that field. I've done a bit of reading and I think I have the basics understood. However, I would like the input of people who know what they are doing. Any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my setup so far ( keep in mind Im trying to keep it under 1k after shipping, I will go over if I have to but id rather not) Also, I plan on keeping my monitor,speakers,mouse,cd/dvd burner, keyboard.

Case - eTorque ULT3318

GPU - Geforce xfx 8800

RAM - 4gb ocz

HD - 500gb WD

MB/CPU - x2 6400+

A few key questions I would like answered are.

Are all these parts compatible?
Does that setup require more fans/cooling?
do I have anything there that can be downgraded without hurting the overall performance(probably the 800w supply?)
and lastly, am I missing any parts?

I know its alot of quesions, but your help is GREATLY appreciated.

thanks in advance
 
Is this for gaming?
If so
I would go with an ATI 4870 graphics card.
And instead of the amd I'd get an intel e8400.
 
I would go with an ATI 4870 graphics card.
Yea, that, or if the budget matters, Radeon 4850 is still one of the best performers for its price and will thrash any 8800. And yes, for gaming I would recommend you to go with Intel, and if you get either of the Radeons you may want to look into CrossFire boards.
 
Is this for gaming?

Im looking to make myself a custom gaming computer but Im not very knowledgable in that field.

yes it is!

OK, well like you said.

Get a Radeon HD 4870 or 4850
Go for Intel, would get the E8400 or Q6600.
Power Supply get 650W or so.

What is your budget??
 
Back
Top