HELP Windows Xp/98 error HELP

Macbeth212

Hi today I was on my computer and i went to get a nite to eat and i came back and my computer had froze and i had to manual reastart it and afyter i do so it flashes the windows 98 screen and im like wtf is this then it goes to this screen that reads.

Microsoft Windows 98 Startup Menu

1.normal
2.Logged (\BOOTLOG.TXT)
3.Safe Mode
4.Setp by step Confirmation
5.Command Propmt only
6. Safe Mode Command Prompt Only

Warning Window has detected a registry/configeration error choose, command prompt only, and run scanreg.

So i tryed running scanreg and that didnt do anything. I was useing windows xp i had installed windows 98 before i installed xp when i got my computer cause i had to use the floppy disk.Anyone have any ideads of who i should conntact about this or what caused this problem ?

Macbeth212

the motherboard is dfi lanparty the cpu is amd 64 3000 the hard drive is sergernt 80gb i cant run windows 98 it just goes to this screen and what ever i pick dosent do anything

Macbeth212

no sorry about the mix up I was using xp but when I got my computer I had to use the 98 floppy disk because I couldnt install xp off the cd so I just installed 98 so I could install xp. I have been using xp for about 3 months no probelms but today.

Johnnyboy0056

he probably has the upgrade to xp, not the full retail version.....right macbeth? if im wrong.....then yea, do what converting boxes says and just reinstall the xp from the disk.

Macbeth212

ya i installed 98 to in stall xp im not sure how to install stringht from the xp cd it never automaticly boots i would format my hd but im not sure how to do that either:( im not the best with computers

Johnnyboy0056

when u start the computer, go into the bios and change the boot order to the cd drive as first in the list. then save and restart and put the disk in and restart again.