Help with a Mobo

ANNR

Hi guys

Could you help me pick out a mobo that will work with the following components? Thanks

I am looking for mobo priced between $50 to $100. I don't need higher end Mobo unless it makes significant performance difference.

Is this mobo compatible? Is DDR4 2133 MHz the highest it can run or just this mobo can only run DDR4 2133 MHz? https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/H110M-A-M-2/specifications/

CPU: I7-7700
RAM: 2 x 8GB 1RX8 PC4-2400T-UA1-11
GPU: GeForce GTX 1070

I am not sure what all these numbers means with the RAM. Is it just DDR4 2400 MHz?

Calin

There really isn't much of a difference between RAM speeds, especially on Intel platforms. Heck, I run 2133 on my 3000MHz rated DIMMs because Gigabyte and AMD can't get their shit together and there really isn't much of a difference.
About the Bios thing: I'm pretty sure that if he buys the motherboard now, it will likely have the latest version installed.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
About the Bios thing: I'm pretty sure that if he buys the motherboard now, it will likely have the latest version installed.
Not necessarily. And i wouldn't take a chance unless he has a friend that has a compatible processor first.

Calin

Not necessarily. And i wouldn't take a chance unless he has a friend that has a compatible processor first.
Well he can just go to a local PC store and have them use a Skylake CPU to update the BIOS. I don't think they'll charge him more than like 10 bucks. I once needed to test a motherboard and they did it for free!

beers

Staff member
Well he can just go to a local PC store and have them use a Skylake CPU to update the BIOS. I don't think they'll charge him more than like 10 bucks. I once needed to test a motherboard and they did it for free!
That sounds like a pain in the ass when you could just buy the 270.

ANNR

Thanks everyone. I am going to buy the mobo linked by john.

everything else sounds little complicated I think I would rather not deal with them.:D

ANNR

If anybody is wondering, this is no my computer. ^^ There is no way I have this kinda of cash.

I am happy with my computer, just got my computer together not long ago.

Just though its a kinda awkward if I don't post this since I was asking for help with my most recent computer.