Help with AMD build

Krieger

I'm thinking about doing an AMD gaming PC build this year with ether a Ryzen 5 or 7 CPU and an ASUS motherboard & Radeon GPU with a 1200 watt power supply. My budget for this is abut $1,000 but can push it a bit over that if I had to. What is a good combination of hardware for this setup? I want a CPU with at least 3Ghz and a decent GPU for around or preferably less than $500. I'm also thinking of going with 32GB of RAM in this build also I plan on using this PC mostly for the new Microsoft flight sim and want to get the most I can out of the new graphics & features with no lagging or crashing issues. I also would like to play games that have been cross platformed from console such as Halo GTA etc.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
May I ask why you think you need a 1200 watt power supply? Really anything over 750 watts would be for enthusiasts, sli/crossfire platforms. You'll be spending about $200 alone just for the psu.

Krieger

May I ask why you think you need a 1200 watt power supply? Really anything over 750 watts would be for enthusiasts, sli/crossfire platforms. You'll be spending about $200 alone just for the psu.
Good point. I may just end up getting a Cooler Master 800 watt PSU I'm looking at for $120. Way cheaper than the 1200 watt ones. The case I decide to go with is that tempered glass Core P3 case Thermaltake makes.

Krieger

Actually thinking about going with NZXT now for the case & motherboard. They make a nice looking more affordable case & they also make motherboards & PSUs that should fit it.