Help with budget media PC

sadclown

New Member
Hello all,

I am looking to spend about $700 (including OS) on a media PC. I was looking to have something custom built from ibuypower.com or cyberpowerpc.com or someone along those lines. I am very new to PC hardware, so it would be great to get some input.

Here is what I was thinking:

Budget case
500 Watt PS
AMD 5400 Processor
Asus M2N SLI 570 Motherboard
2GB RAM
GeForce 8600GT Video Card
500gb HD
XP or Vista??
Total: $703 on Cyberpowerpc.com

I mainly want this machine to download/play videos and music. I need high def output, so DVI and optical is mandatory. I also want to be able to put in a Blu-ray player/burner later on, so it would be nice if everything is compatible for that.

What do you think?? Any input is awesome, Im a n00b
 
no other comments? is 500 watts enough? will i need more cooling? also whats the difference between vista 64 bit and 32 bit?
 
Yes 500W will be enough.

Cooling will be fine, i hope :o.

64 bit = Sees 4 GB of ram +, it is also compatible with everything
32 bit = Sees 3.5 GB of ram.

Also i recommend Ultimate :)

Can you pls post the link to this product.
 
Case
• NZXT Adamas Gaming Tower Case w/420W Power Supply Black

Power Supply
• 500 Watt -- Power Supply

Processor
• AMD Athlon™ X2 5400+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

Processor Cooling
• Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink

Motherboard
• [SLI] Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe nForce 570-SLI MCP Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Dual Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394 Dual PCI-E MB

Memory
• 2 GB [1 GB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand

Video Card
• NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 512MB w/DVI + TV Out Video

Video Card Brand
• Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA

Hard Drive
• 500 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 16M Cache]

Sound Card
• 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Network Card
• Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

Operation System
• Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate + [Free 60-Day !!!] Microsoft Office 2007(Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access ....) 64-Bit

Total is $760

This is minus all accessories (mouse, keyboard, speakers, optical drives, etc)

http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/configurator.aspx?mid=182#header
 
Right, that is a good one then, you can customize it, awesome.

Get a case w/o a PSU.

Otherwise everything is fine.
 
Back
Top