Help with building computer... =)

han310

Hey guys
Sorry if I posted in the wrong section cuz the hardware part talked about individual parts of the computer and I just want a general overview:
Im trying to build a computer that can play games fairly well such as BattleField2. Im not really going to play BF2 but I just want it to be fast enough to run games like BF2, CS:S, Dota, WoW, Guild Wars, etc. Basically all the latest games so that I wont have to upgrade for the next year or so.
Basically, I want to know if my computer sounds rediculous, needs some tweeks, etc. Any Help will be appreciated.

I dont want to spend that much on the new PC, preferably less than $500.
These are the parts I plan to order from Newegg:

Case
Motherboard
Graphics Card
RAM
Processor

I have yet to decide on a hard drive and cddrive.
Also, I have an old sound card salvaged from an old computer. Will that work?

Please let me know on what you think.

lhstud10

yea that looks goood the only thing i would change is the gpu and add a better psu. i am building pratically the ame thing only under a 400 budget.

youre going to need this psu as the ones in cases are horrible...

also bumb up your gpu to this as it is wayy better in getting 13 extra famerates on max on bf 2142.

also with that rebate it should cancle the psu i suggested you add.

here is the gpu guide for bf2142 on max

if you want geforce you can get a 7900 gs or gt but that might push your budget...

also annother good mobo is this and is used in many expensive big overclock builds..

are you going to overclock?

han310

ahhh.... so should i get a case without a powersupply and get this seperatly? The graphics card looks good. Also, the mobo link doesnt work. I would like to overclock when I learn how.

What are you buying that keeps your budget under 400? just wondering... =)

han310

I am looking for an Intel Processor. Sorry to all the AMD fans out there... =(
Can anyone with experienced computer knowledge give me a recommended build
of a computer that is "fast"? Parts I want are processor, motherboard, case and powersupply, graphics card, hard drive, and cddrive. All preferably under 500 dollars. And a sound card uses the PCI slots in almost all motherboards rite? so i can just use my sound card from my old computer?

Thanx in advance