Help with computer turning off when i start a game.

tragedyx

So recently whenever I start a game, my computer turns off. It works fine on literally everything other then demanding games. I can play non-demanding games and watch movies and do whatever I want with no issues what so ever, but once a game like pubg or ark starts up, it makes a weird static noise, then between 5 seconds to 10 minutes it'll turn off. I have a 1000w rosewill bronze certified psu that's brand new. I have a brand new ASUS RGB Strix 580x 8gb graphics card, a AMD Fx - 6300 cpu, just a shitty stock fan cpu cooler that I'm replacing soon, a 1tb Toshiba hard drive sata. I have recently installed new fans on the case also. I have tested my computer with another powersupply, and the same thing happened, no difference, so I do not believe its the power supply. I'm wondering can it be the motherboard? I'm replacing it tomorrow anyways so I'm really hoping that's what it is.

beers

Staff member
Have you tried another outlet in your house? Grounding problems can see these kinds of issues.

tragedyx

Have you tried another outlet in your house? Grounding problems can see these kinds of issues.
Yes I have tried 2 other outlets both plugged directly into the wall. Also after my computer turns back on it says Global Wattman has been reset to default do to failure. So does that mean I need a new power supply? I don't see why I would with trying 2 different ones already and getting the same result, also this ones 1000w and is brand new.

tragedyx

That's usually related to a GPU failure. Are the PCIE power cables snug into the card?
Yes and also I believe I fixed it. I went to my PSU settings and I lowered the power limit by 10%, after that I stayed on for a whole match. I cant play more atm but ill try it some more later and report back if its fixed or not, it did seem to do the trick though.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, you definitely don't need a 1000 watts for that system. 600-650 watts would suffice. But it sounds like the psu may be bad.

RMA means return to manufacturer/supplier.

tragedyx

Wow, you definitely don't need a 1000 watts for that system. 600-650 watts would suffice. But it sounds like the psu may be bad.

RMA means return to manufacturer/supplier.
that literally is no help what so ever, other then an opinion and something we already covered lol. Thank you for the reply though.

Darren

Staff member
that literally is no help what so ever, other then an opinion and something we already covered lol. Thank you for the reply though.
Lol wut.

He literally answered your question what RMA was. True you did mention you tried a different PSU but not exactly the best idea to be rude to others trying to help you.

tragedyx

I'd RMA since you shouldn't be getting that behavior on a new card.
Ok so i tried my old graphics card that i had no issues on, and it still did the same thing. So we covered psu and graphics so far, along with trying different outlets. My drivers are all up to date too. Leads back to my theory, could it be the motherboard at all? or maybe the hard drive?

tragedyx

Lol wut.

He literally answered your question what RMA was. True you did mention you tried a different PSU but not exactly the best idea to be rude to others trying to help you.
Sorry if i came off as rude, which i was not trying to be, but im stressed with my computer atm and telling me its pointless to have a big power supply, is no help to me whatsoever. I did tell him i appreciate the reply about the RMA also, which i do, but if its not about something that may help me then it really isn't any help to me at all. Sorry to be blunt but I really just want some help with this thing, cause im running out of ideas lol and its pretty stressful. Sorry if i made anyone upset

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
No worries. No harm done. Was just making the point that you didn't need that powerful of a unit and that you said.you turned down the power on the pay. So not sure what the problem is.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Well if it only does it gaming it has to be the video card/power supply or drivers. Have you checked what your clocks and voltage your card is running at?