Help with graphic card specs?????

apriliamgt

I think HD5670 is a cheap budget card and not aimed for the gamer market. You would see very low FPS using that card.

The only DX10 9800GT is would give better FPS that than card.

Would recommend noless than a GTX460 1gb for modern day games

StrangleHold

Staff member
The 5670 is not better then a GTX 560 or 6950, so I dont really understand your question. Its recommended you get a better card for a better game settings. Whats so hard to understand?

Last edited:

lion149

In defense of the OP the chart is confusing. Look at it again StrangleHold, it basically says this

1. OK
2. OK
3. OK

Result: Fail, you need a better card ha

He is just asking for clarification as to why, unless you understand DX and know a lot about the current GPU "hierarchy" i see where one could get thrown off.

jonnyp11

the thing about the chart is, that it doesn't tell you how many cores those cards have or how high the clocks are, those cards have a way higher clock and core count, meaning they are wayyyy more powerful than that card.

StrangleHold

Staff member
In defense of the OP the chart is confusing. Look at it again StrangleHold, it basically says this

1. OK
2. OK
3. OK

Result: Fail, you need a better card ha

He is just asking for clarification as to why, unless you understand DX and know a lot about the current GPU "hierarchy" i see where one could get thrown off.

It doesnt mean you cant run it with his card, hence the ok. It just means you really need a better card unless you like the look of digital cut out freezing shutter.

Russ88765

You might try checking for up to date drivers for the 5670, or overclocking it a little bit with MSI Afterburner software. At least until you are able to upgrade it to a stronger card for gaming.

wolfeking

banned
I still can not believe that cards are using turboRAM. lol, 2.7GB. You need a 580, 590, or HD6990 to get anywhere around 2.7GB on a card.

In response to the original question, you meet the recommended attributes, but not the required chipset (460 or 6950). Look at it like this, say I need a truck that has 300+ HP, 400+ torques, and 2 seats. You have a Corvette for sale. It has teh required torques, seats, and HP. But that dont mean that its a truck. Paint a horse red, its still a horse.
Moral of the story: You need a GPU Upgrade.