help with hidden mem. usage?

seaplusplus

quick info. built new gaming rig, 4gb of mem, windows 7.

problem. im chillin playing minecraft, and it crashes saying not enough free memory for java to use. so im checking my memory processes with the resource monitor, it says im using 2.2gb out of my 4gb but if i tally up all the processes it says are being ran, i only get 1gb of used memory.

so question is where the hell is this stuff thats using my extra gig of memory?

also when im running minecraft, it says im using 3.5gb of ram. NO other programs are open.

jonnyp11

minecraft isn't the best made game, but even my emachine with 3gb's runs it finr, i'd say try reinstalling it real quick if your internet is fast enough.

seaplusplus

thats not the problem, it says java is using almost 1gb of my ram, and for some reason when im running it with my server its using 3.7gb of my 4gb of ram, something in my computer is using around 1gb of ram but its not listed on the resource manager taht shows what processes my memory are running

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure you click on the button that says show processes from all users. You might want to uninstall jave and install the latest version as well.

jonnyp11

meant to put the java part in my first post, but yeah, that's the next thing, also may wanna run some normal defrags and all if you haven't been.

seaplusplus

nope checking processes from all users didnt show anything helpful (granted there are no other accounts or anything on here anyways)