Help With Microsoft Office 2007

vista18dc

for 2 weeks now Ive been looking everywhere for the answer to this and everything Ive tried has failed and even caused problems and had to do a system restore to fix the problems, i have Microsoft Office 2007 and every time i click in the usual manner start programs Office so on and click on any of the Apps it will come up with please wait while windows configures Microsoft office 2007 after like 5 mins of this it will start and another configuration box comes up after 10 mins it finally loads into the app, Ive tried going though computer/program files/Microsoft office and click the apps their but still the same how can this be fixed ?????

deanj20

How did you install Office? I would completely uninstall it, and then run CCleaner to make sure all of the old entries are gone. Scan/and fix registry issues repeatedly until it finds no more.

Reboot, then make sure it's gone - check under C:\Program Files\ and see that the Microsoft Office folder is gone. If not, delete it and run CCleaner again.

Then, reboot one more time, and install Office 2007 from the CD - select Full Install - install everything. Then post back here and let us know if the problem persists.

vista18dc

How did you install Office? I would completely uninstall it, and then run CCleaner to make sure all of the old entries are gone. Scan/and fix registry issues repeatedly until it finds no more.

Reboot, then make sure it's gone - check under C:\Program Files\ and see that the Microsoft Office folder is gone. If not, delete it and run CCleaner again.

Then, reboot one more time, and install Office 2007 from the CD - select Full Install - install everything. Then post back here and let us know if the problem persists.

yeah ive tried this and still has the same problem :S

vista18dc

Any answer vista18dc? Also, have you ever gone through the activation process?

it is a legal copy and its been activated ive been going though Google and found some Reg adds to put in but these don't solve it fully anyway, Ive repaired the shortcuts so the new ones in the start/programs/office are the exe files from the office12 folder and this clears up some of the problems but still have a configuration screen with access and excel chucks out stdole.tlb ???

Zatharus

VIP Member
It could be an odd permissions issue. Uninstall it completely and try installing Office from a fresh admin account. Open and activate it from that account then try launching from within your main login.