Help With My Next Computer!

xeodragon

I'm planning on building this computer very soon. Would you guys recommend me building it now, or waiting for those new cards to come out to get a price drop? (i heard theres an ATI one coming out in like one month). Please remember i'm kinda on a budget. and how hard is it to build your first computer, and how long should it take? also, is there anything that doesn't work together in this computer? thanks!

The computer i'm going to build:

CPU - AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice Core)
MOBO - Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
VIDEO - BFG 6600GT 128MB OC
RAM - Corsair PC3200 DDR400 512MB x 2
HD - Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200GB (16MB Buffer)
Case - Antec Sonata w/ 380W PSU
Monitor - Samsung 710N 17" LCD
DVD - NEC 16x DVD-RW
KB/M - Logitech LX 700
Speakers - Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
Router - D-Link DI624

it's going to cost me about 1700 + tax (CANADIAN).

bluto2

banned
Are you serious

xeodragon said:
I'm planning on building this computer very soon. Would you guys recommend me building it now, or waiting for those new cards to come out to get a price drop? (i heard theres an ATI one coming out in like one month). Please remember i'm kinda on a budget. and how hard is it to build your first computer, and how long should it take? also, is there anything that doesn't work together in this computer? thanks!

The computer i'm going to build:

CPU - AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice Core)
MOBO - Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
VIDEO - BFG 6600GT 128MB OC
RAM - Corsair PC3200 DDR400 512MB x 2
HD - Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200GB (16MB Buffer)
Case - Antec Sonata w/ 380W PSU
Monitor - Samsung 710N 17" LCD
DVD - NEC 16x DVD-RW
KB/M - Logitech LX 700
Speakers - Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
Router - D-Link DI624

it's going to cost me about 1700 + tax (CANADIAN).
The only possible upgrade i see would be a 19 " Samsung 997df.
Or a asus mbd and intel cpu.
I'm in Mississauga and thats a lot of bucks.Shop around.

Last edited:
im guessing that is a 939s proc from they motherboard..the 939s is better for future upgrades...its not that hard to build your first computer if you already know a pretty good bit about computers...u'll prolly run into some small problems but u can always come back here to get those worked out...it doesnt take that long to build a computer( about half a day since its ur first) everything about the system looks good at a glance...good luck;)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Well the only thing i'd consider is the "Z" series of speakers from Logitech but thats a pretty nice setup :) If you want to save money, you'll most likely be better off avoiding "BFG" for the make of video cards as they tend to cost more than the average

Geoff

VIP Member
That seems like way too much money for the parts, can you list the prices for each part your buying and where your getting it from.

ripken2004

geoff5093 said:
That seems like way too much money for the parts, can you list the prices for each part your buying and where your getting it from.

hes i canada and newegg doesnt ship to him so thats why

everything looks good tho

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
i know you'll probably remember this and stuff but...

PUT SPACERS BEHIND THE MOTHERBOARD! I forgot to do that and my motherboard and cpu both fried =(

That's my word of advice lol.