Help with my SSD

zRetire

I just recently built my first computer and decided to use a newer ssd with the build. I had an older SSD that I used for my old laptop and when I was scraping it for parts I forgot to grab the files off the SSD (like an idiot). The SSD has windows 10 on it and some important files that I need. I know how to work with the partitions and balance the 2 SSDs so I can access one, but I don't want to go through putting the SSD into my pc. Is there a way I can access the SSD without putting it in a computer?

Okedokey

So you want to access an SSD without installing it in a computer. Well the only option is to buy a USB sata cady and connect it that way to access your files.

However I would simply add this SSD to your current computer by connecting the SATA and power cable. You should then be able to access and transfer files across within windows explorer.

spirit

Staff member
However I would simply add this SSD to your current computer by connecting the SATA and power cable. You should then be able to access and transfer files across within windows explorer.
^ That's the easiest, quickest and cheapest way to do it!