Help with next GPU upgrade

Intel_man

VIP Member
I think you need more fans :cool:
Probably want to spend the time and test the fan orientations in multiple configurations to see if the current setup is the best for thermal performance... Sometimes more isn't better.

But yes, OP needs more fans.

gillmanjr

I think you need more fans :cool:

I have more, just not in the case. I've got a massive collection of fans, Corsair and Phanteks. And I'm about to buy more, I want to buy the new ML Elite RGB fans to replace the three QLs on the bottom, because I hate the QLs.

Oh and BTW, there are two more fans in the case that you can't see. There are an additional two ML series 140mm fans (non RGB) behind the radiator, its in push-pull. ;)

Last edited:

gillmanjr

Probably want to spend the time and test the fan orientations in multiple configurations to see if the current setup is the best for thermal performance... Sometimes more isn't better.

But yes, OP needs more fans.

So that is a brand new CPU cooler I just put in, I had the older H115i in there and actually had the 140mm fans blowing out. With that cooler I was using two LL140s inside the case and I oriented them blowing out so I could see the RGB. But when I put the new cooler in the other day I used the ML RGB fans that came with it and spun them around. Its better this way. I'm betting part of the temp drop I got is because of the massive increase in supply air into the case. The case should be slightly positive now, previously it was hugely negative. Thats really the only change that can be made...the bottom HAS to be intake and the top/back have to be exhaust. Theres nothing else to try.

Sorry about the Xmas theme RGB...I haven't changed it yet. :p

Last edited: