Help with Outlook 2010 Starting Internet

maximus01can

Howdy,

There's probably a simple fix for this but everytime I fire up outlook and go to delete or open an email, it fires up the internet and has some gobbledygoog location it goes to and I have to keep on closing firefox. Havn't tried using IE as my default browser, but this is driving me crazy? Any help would be appreciated.

Running Office Pro 2010 and Winxp Pro

Cheers,
Max.

Last edited:

maximus01can

Websites opening with Outlook

Okay, here's a screen cap. I just don't know why the internet is firing up regardless of where it's going. Can't seem to find anywhere to turn it off.

Thx,
Max

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Download and run Ccleaner. Open the program, don't change any options and click on run cleaner. This may take few minutes if its never been ran before. Then reboot your system and open Outlook and see what happens.

maximus01can

Outlook Issues

So ran CCcleaner and although it doesn't actually open the internet window now it pops open 2 windows asking me to download a file. So everytime I click on an email it pops these open now. It's like outlook is missing something. Never did it with 2003, but pretty much as soon as I installed 2010 it started doing this stuff. I think it may be an issue with outlook. Do you think try and run a repair or uninstall/reinstall? Here's a cap of what it's doing now..

Cheers,
Max

Attachments

• outlook glitches2.jpg
    outlook glitches2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 29

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It seems its still wanting to load a temporary file from chrome.

Try this fix I found and see it stops.

In outlook 2010, go to file/options/add ins (on left menu bar) Click Go button (manager com addins) at the bottom left side of screen. Uncheck Microsoft Outlook Social Connector and then press ok.

Then try opening outlook again and see if it still opens.

maximus01can

Thanks John, that was the fix...Even having a fair bit of exp. I don't think I would have found that one. Not even sure what that is, but it's nice to have those not opening anymore.

Cheers,
Max