help with picking new RAM??

herbert42

i needed some help with picking some new RAM for an older computer. im not exactly an expert at this kind of thing, so i turned here for help. i attached a picture to this from CPU-Z for information on the current RAM. i asked best buy about this and they said to get a DDR PC2700. i know asking best buy might not be the best idea, but i wanted to see what they would say. also, if this helps, the name of the computer is a Dell Dimension 3000. i was hoping to get 1gb of RAM, unless 1gb really wont make a difference and i would need more. thanks in advance..

(also, i forgot to mention that there are 2 sticks of ram in the computer right now that are each 265mb, so all together there's 512mb of ram)

Last edited:

powerpack

banned
You want PC3200. Your system supports 2GB RAM 2x1GB. I would buy RAM online not at BB. I like NewEgg myself.

JustinKranz

G.Skill has great/fast customer service, and lifetime warranty. and I would also purchase your memory from Newegg.com, I hardly find anything at best buy that I can't find on newegg for a lot cheaper.