Help with Plugin Folders

NLAlston

Hello,

Yesterday, I had to perform a system restoration on my Dell XPS desktop computer, due to an issue that I could not conquer, otherwise. Upon completion of that action, I learned that my Steinberg Plugin folders (as well as ANY plugin folders) were missing. Not knowing what else could be done, I went through a second restoration process (THIS time, selecting the remove all files choice, as opposed to keeping personal files). Again, though, there are NO plugin folders showing. How can I go about getting them back?

Advanced thanks,
Nathan

NLAlston

Usually, there was a Steinberg Plugin folder - as well as a VST Plugin folder, being shown in the Programs/Programs(x86) areas. It seems as though my Plugins just don't seem to know where to rest, now.

NLAlston

Well, it appears that I may have gotten this matter in hand.

As was mentioned, earlier, I had performed a second restoration, on my PC and - just 10 minutes ago - attempted installing a VSTi behind that cleaning action. I was happy to find that the installation succeeded, and that the respective VST folder WAS added. This wan't something that I'd known, previously. I had always created my music on hardware synth/workstations, so there was no need for VST's. Hopefully, this will help someone else, also.