[Help] With Powerpoint

Respital

Hello everyone...
i have a big delema with powerpoint :(
I have to make a powerpoint and i thought it would be really neat if i could make my own animations i wanted the title to stream down as if a drop of water does on a windshield or whatever and i also thought it would be cool if i could like cut it with a knife .. like if the backround is black and the text is white a little piece of text would go into the backround, another thing i thought would be cool is if i could "burn" a word lik not flames but it slowly turns into a burnt colour like when u burn the edges of a piece of paper.

In short i was wondering if i could download these animations or if i could make my own ..

Thanks in advance :p

soccerdude

I don't think you can do what you are asking for in Powerpoint. Did you ever try or consider Flash? Flash can pretty much do what you are asking for.

massahwahl

VIP Member
I don't think you can do what you are asking for in Powerpoint. Did you ever try or consider Flash? Flash can pretty much do what you are asking for.

Theres a big learning curve to flash though be warned. If you have it, the site tutorialised.com has some great guides to help you though.

Respital

thanks for the replies. uhm.. i haven't thought about flash no but i need to have this done my march 1st do u think i could learn all of that and complete this by march 1 with about 30 slides or so with timings and all that.. what kinds of programs can play flash shows .. can windows media player?..

soccerdude

I think you can get it done if you set your mind to it. As if Windows Media Player would play Flash movies I don't think it can.

Respital

okay thanks i guess i'll be sticking to powerpoint for now... but just in case whats the full name of "flash" like who is it made by ?

zan001

Just remember that presentations should generally be crisp and professional, often advises to limit pictures etc. It obv. all just depends on your industry, just be careful not to over do it - less is more.