Help with sounding on computer...

sabedra211

Hi on my windows media player when i go 2 view and show enhancements and i go to the Graphic Equalizer and i move the little bars up on 32hz 62 hz and 125hz when i move them up it sounds all crusty... is it supposed 2 sound like that or do i need better speakers.
Thanks

The_Other_One

VIP Member
You probably have more of a software controlled EQ and they usally aren't nearly as affective as hardware based ones. It's more your soundcard than anything...

How much are you moving them? Try just very small increments.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Not really with this... Yes, overpowering cheap speakers will cause distortion, but this sound is sent out distorted. You could have the best speakers in the world, and they will not fix distorted sound.

sabedra211

The_Other_One said:
Not really with this... Yes, overpowering cheap speakers will cause distortion, but this sound is sent out distorted. You could have the best speakers in the world, and they will not fix distorted sound.

OK i moved up a little and it didnt really sound bad so i will just leave that alone and get on with my life :D

bluto2

banned
More info pleze

sabedra211 said:
Hi on my windows media player when i go 2 view and show enhancements and i go to the Graphic Equalizer and i move the little bars up on 32hz 62 hz and 125hz when i move them up it sounds all crusty... is it supposed 2 sound like that or do i need better speakers.
Thanks
Don't blame media player so fast.You gave very little details to answer.
1.What are you playing ? wma or mp3 or ?
2.What speaker system is this ? 2.1,4.1 etc.Have they been calibrated ?
2.a Does Windows know ?
3.Name your sound card.
Try Winamp :D

Attachments

• my equalizer.jpg
    my equalizer.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 12