Help with speakers/sound card..

Clizzark

So, I was doing a new build and everything was great. I added a video card and tested it- great. I added a diamond sound card that was about a year old that I took from a previous build. Set everything up and tested- not working..

The issue looked be the socket on the board due to bent pins :confused:
But.... I'm not sure if the sound card cause the whole thing to blow.

But now I have a new board and everything is working great with the video card and all.

Now to the questions....
1. Should I try using the Diamond sound card again? Buy a new one? Not use one at all?

2. I have Logitech 2.1s and they are plugged into the mobo. I test them with a software from the mobo and all speakers are working in the test. But I go to youtube and try to play a vid- no sound at all. Youtube volume up, comp volume up... the default is set to the Logitech 2.1s and it shows that sound is coming from them but still nothing...

I know its long, but I'd appreciate some help. Thanks, all!

MMM

So, I was doing a new build and everything was great. I added a video card and tested it- great. I added a diamond sound card that was about a year old that I took from a previous build. Set everything up and tested- not working..

The issue looked be the socket on the board due to bent pins :confused:
But.... I'm not sure if the sound card cause the whole thing to blow.

But now I have a new board and everything is working great with the video card and all.

Now to the questions....
1. Should I try using the Diamond sound card again? Buy a new one? Not use one at all?

2. I have Logitech 2.1s and they are plugged into the mobo. I test them with a software from the mobo and all speakers are working in the test. But I go to youtube and try to play a vid- no sound at all. Youtube volume up, comp volume up... the default is set to the Logitech 2.1s and it shows that sound is coming from them but still nothing...

I know its long, but I'd appreciate some help. Thanks, all!
Has the sound card been inserted correctly in the slot (all the way in)

linkin

VIP Member
Old soundcard and poor audio quality speakers... Sad to say.

Get an X-Fi Titanium and Audio-Technica ATH-AD700's

Enjoy awesome audio quality :)

MMM

:)
Ridiculous comment, why is old sound card no good.....matter of fact some old cards can be just as good as new ones.
Depends on what you really want to use them for....

linkin

VIP Member
Ridiculous comment, why is old sound card no good.....matter of fact some old cards can be just as good as new ones.
Depends on what you really want to use them for....

Oh don't mind me, just comparing to audiophile stuff, really. Good for gaming, you could do better for music.

To be fair you haven't stated model numbers, so you might have a pair of LS21's or X230's. Just tell us what you actually have. Same goes for the sound card.

Lots of good sound cards out lately. Xonar, more X-Fi's, Auzentech, etc.

If you're a gamer you want an X-Fi, as Creative has a hold on EAX, it's their technology IIRC, and they have business or ownership with OpenAL as well. It's the only decent choice, sadly.

Aastii

VIP Member

Get an X-Fi Titanium and Audio-Technica ATH-AD700's

Enjoy awesome audio quality :)

There is no budget given at all if OP wanted to upgrade for starters, and there isn't a single problem here that would need more money to be spent

Oh don't mind me, just comparing to audiophile stuff, really. Good for gaming, you could do better for music.

To be fair you haven't stated model numbers, so you might have a pair of LS21's or X230's. Just tell us what you actually have. Same goes for the sound card.

Lots of good sound cards out lately. Xonar, more X-Fi's, Auzentech, etc.

If you're a gamer you want an X-Fi, as Creative has a hold on EAX, it's their technology IIRC, and they have business or ownership with OpenAL as well. It's the only decent choice, sadly.

Logitech do more than just those two models, however I agree, more info would be nice.

And Creative sound cards sound no better than any other, games or otherwise, in fact sound wise, I have found Asus Xonar to be much, much better.

How about an actual on topic suggestion then, that would be nice :)

Clizz, what OS are you running?

What motherboard?

It is unlikely that your sound card was the cause of your problem. If you said that the mobo had bent pins, that is most probably the issue here