help with wired connection

chat1410

If the DNS is manual and blank, you will not be able to access the internet. Switch it to auto. If it is not blank, it should have your routers IP in it.

unmarkedcoupe

ook still nothing i entered it manually as the same as on home brew.Said connected but then said there is a conflic with the ip add and another machine.I can see all the ip and info on homebrew machine what should i copy to the lappy and possiabley the 360

chat1410

In the top field of the laptop, it says IP Address. Make that address one number different than your desktop computers address. For example if x.x.x.1 is in your desktop computers IP Address field, put x.x.x.2 in your laptop. Also make sure the DNS in both computers is set to your routers IP address (which should also be in the gateway field).

unmarkedcoupe

ok here is the lateset

Home puter says the the address is asigned my the DHCP
Lappy says Mnually connected but i cant open a web page.

unmarkedcoupe

Home machine has a 3 at the end of IP
Lap has a 2 and the end

defult gateway is the same on both but the dns servers or same but there are 2 of them jus in the main machin the order is diffrent

unmarkedcoupe

ok i set the lap to manual and the home is on auto,

I copied all the ip (changed last number)
subnet mask
and gateway

dns servers are the same in the same order

Still nothing with the laptop

chat1410

If you double click the Ethernet connection in Network connections does it say it's fully connected or is it still at limited?