help

sonisback

ok i got a computer here that is not bootup in to windows it has 98 on it i thought it might be the hard drive but i try putting the hard drive in a different michine and it boot up fine and i took the hard drive from that machine which has 2000 on it and put it in the machine that is not working and it comes say starting windows 2000 and get all the way to the end of that bar and then it just stays there does nothing so can you tell me what is wrong with this machine

kb1ghc

you might have some bad memory.
Did you add memory recently?
If you have some extra memory laying around, replace the memory in that computer and try it again.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Not a lot of information there at all.. however to answer your question, damn near anything could be wrong aside from (a) the HDD because you've sorta eliminated that possibility and (b) the video card because you can see stuff ... outside of that... damn near anything :(

GIve the memory a whirl as that should be the next most likely culprit (followed by the board and the power)

sonisback

thx

thx guys for all you help but it turned out to be those hdd drivers becasue i put in anther windows 98 hdd that i knew worked in the michine and it booted up fine so i have put a new 80g hard drive in and i am install windows nows on it so thx for you help