Here we go again

The VCR King

So earlier my blu-ray drive failed so I pulled it out and swapped in a new one. I went to boot up the PC and I’m greeted with BootManager saying there is an error with my boot config data, error 0xc000000. I go to grab my Windows 7 install disc to run startup repair but when I opened the case the disc wasn’t there. Looks like the Beast’s end has finally come

In my schools computer lab tomorrow I’ll try making a USB of the windows repair media off their website

Last edited by a moderator:

The VCR King

the issue has been fixed, i got help over in the cofo discord. Turns out that my boot order was messed up and my CMOS battery is actually dead and my BIOS went back to default.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
the issue has been fixed, i got help over in the cofo discord. Turns out that my boot order was messed up and my CMOS battery is actually dead and my BIOS went back to default.
Really? I could have guessed that....because you over-react and still years later don't know how to properly troubleshoot anything.

The VCR King

Got the new CMOS battery installed and got my boot order fixed in the BIOS again. I finally figured out how to access the BIOS overclocking thing, I was wondering if it would be safe to bump it from 3.2ghz to 3.5 or 3.7 for a lil boost.

Darren

Staff member
that, AND the boot order was messed up. It was trying to boot off my NAS AND it was in the wrong mode.
It'll skip anything it can't boot from and eventually work it's way down the list until it can boot something, in this case your drive with the OS on it. But again gotta be in the same SATA mode the OS was installed in.