(Hesitant) Modern Warfare 3 Thread

JLuchinski

Hmmm, that's strange. What OS are you using? Maybe it's your hard drive. Try checking it for errors. Have you de-fragged it lately?

Phy

Defrag'd with AUSlogics a couple times this week, moved the file from one HDD to the other, running win 7 64. Bad HDD's would be the next guess.

JLuchinski

Dude that sucks. I've searched Google and it seems your the only one with this issue from what I've seen. I guess you could try emailing someone, to bad the Steam forums are down at the moment.

1337dingo

went back to black ops because i got bored of that one real quick i didn't prestige so i trying to so i can get another prestige point :p

mtb211

I own BF3 and my friend has modern warfare 3 for xbox and the single player is pretty fun, better than BF3... multiplayer for BF is awesome... at least on the PC

Ankur

Can anyone post the ups and downs of the game?
I have played only one CoD game i.e black ops. Can someone tell me whether I should buy this?
How much would you guys rate this out of 10 in terms of, Graphics, action, sound, fun, overall.

mtb211

Can anyone post the ups and downs of the game?
I have played only one CoD game i.e black ops. Can someone tell me whether I should buy this?
How much would you guys rate this out of 10 in terms of, Graphics, action, sound, fun, overall.

Graphics 8
Action 10
Fun 8.5
Overall 8.5/9

Its a good game... more of an arcade shooter...

I have not played the multiplayer mind u

Matteo

yeah guys this is really a nice game i have it on PS3 and i am really enjoying it and previous versions were also good.it gives a great thriller you and a real combat action.

donaldpeter58

I am keeping my hopes (maybe too) high for MW 3. I'm seeing a lot of potential in the game. Sure, you guys will instantly bash it, a lot of you without even trying it out, but I really feel this game could be great. After reading and hearing about Battlefield 3, I am very confident it will at least be better than that.

Motorcharge

I hated 2 on PC, but loved it on xbox, so these are my thoughts on xbox. Also I'm only referring to MP.

I'm far more impressed with 3 than I thought I'd be. This is how 2 should have been. It's very, very similar but without a lot of the bullshit MW2 had. A lot of the silliness has been removed.

Regular MP: Same problem as all CoDs, too unrealistic. Guns are unbalanced and don't do enough damage. My only real complaint is that like MW2 and BO they force you to play regular before HC. But then again if you're good leveling is fast enough it's not a huge deal.

Hardcore: Still not as good as 4 imo, but by far the best one since it. In-balance problems are gone in HC as far as I've seen. Weapons do just enough damage to be realistic, ranges aren't absurd anymore. Shotguns finally are like they were in 4. The absurd ranges are gone, but they're still effective.

Only weapon complaint is sniper rifles. It's like they went the total opposite of BO and made quicksniping WAY too easy. Though it's not a huge issue imo because most the maps aren't overly conducive to sniping.