Hey Guys im new and need help with a pc build.

S4Laurent

Hey guys i just created an account cause i need some advice in which part on my computer i need to upgrade. Mostly because i want to run Battlefield 3 in its highest setting. With good fps that is.

My current PC is...

-Windows 7 64bit

-Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 [Quadcore] 3ghz

-nVIDIA 780i Motherboard

-8192MB of DDR2 800mhz

-nVIDIA GTX 295

Hard Drive's

1. 500gb of sata HD 7200

2. 300gb sata HD 7200

On Windows 7 my pc rating reads

Processor 7.2

RAM 7.2

Graphics 7.5

Gaming Graphics 7.5

Primary Hard disk 5.9 (I have no idea why, if some one explains that would be great!)

mihir

VIP Member
Upgrading for you can be tricky since if you decide to do so you will have to change the entire CPU-MOBO-RAM combo.
Like your CPU is still good.
And also your GPU should be able to handle BF3 @Full HD but you won't be able to max out AA and AF.(Mind you these statements are based only on the predicted requirements of BF 3 since I have not seen the actual requirements yet)

How much are you willing to spend.
I would recommend waiting for BF3 to release and then upgrading your system because as of now it is not a bad PC at all.

Stretch1414

Well you definitely need to upgrade your graphics card. Also, a 4 Core or 6 Core processor would really help. Maybe get some DDR3 memory also. Those are my recommendations if you want to run it at MAX settings. At least I would think, and like Mihir said, you would have to upgrade your CPU, MOBO, and RAM.

old_school

Sorry but I fail to see the point of a upgrade here. Only thing I can suggest is maybe optimize your copy of windows by tweaking services, reg etc. This should be a up to date build. Its better than what I currently use and mine is still better then what is sold in stores. So why do you want to waste money upgrading?

jonnyp11

he wants to play bf3 on max which will take a decent amount, and those aren't up to date parts, they are perfectly fine for any and everything he wants other than the gpu, up to date would mean a sandy bridge i series cpu, ddr3 1600mhz ram, a radeon 5/6000 or gtx 4/500 series card, but his current setup is fine, and for the hdd's question, you probably have a sata 3gb/s drive or motherboard socket, so that's probably why, along with either caviar blue or seagate barracuda or similar aren't as fast as like caviar black's or ssd's which the ssd's are blazingly fast and expensive too.

i accedentaly hit back b4 posting but it saved it somehow luckily :D

Benny Boy

Primary Hard disk 5.9 (I have no idea why, if some one explains that would be great!)
Because the hdd is the bottlneck. An SSD for the OS, startup programs, and a couple fav games so they will load faster(not increase fps), would be the biggest upgrade.