hi people could i have some help please

matteuk

hi errrmmm im currently bulding my super system but i have come across a problem im am bulding my pc with the new intel core 2 duo and someone told me that non of the mother bords are actually copatable with the cpu he said u need to flash update the bios if tru could some one tell me how to do this and if some one could tell me were i can get a mother bord that actually is fully compatable with the core 2 duo. :) thank u

matteuk

when the motherbord says core 2 duo compatable the mobo still isnt core duo ready u have to update the bios because thay shipd the mother bords to early before the new cor 2 bios was out thanks for the help any ways

bball4life

Then wait to buy your mobo, in the next few weeks manufacturers will be releasing core 2 ready mobo's, they will have no choice. And welcome to computer forum.:)

sam_tcc

Maddhatter said:

I think they are not only compatible, they are supported (not very sure, never used before). But if you need flash bios to make it work, here is the example of ASUS P5W DH Deluxe.

Updating the BIOS file
to update the BIOS file using the AFUDOS utility:

1. Visit the ASUS website(www.asus.com)and download the latest BIOS file
for the motherboard. Save the Bios file to a bootable flppy disk.

*Write the BIOS filename on a piece of paper. you need to type the
exact BIOS filename at the DOS prompt.

2. Copy the AFUDOS utility(afudos.exe)from the motherboard support CD or
download from www.asus.com to the bootable floppy disk you created
earlier.

3. Boot the system in DOS mode, then at the prompt type:

afudos /i[filename]

where [filename] is the latest or the original BIOS file on the bootable
floppy disk.

--> A:\>afudos /ip5wdh.rom

4. The utility verifies the file and starts updating the BIOS.
*do not shut down or reset the system while updating the BIOS to prevent
system boot failure!

5. The utility returns to the DOS prompt after the BIOS update process is
cimpleted. Reboot the system from the hard disk drive.

matteuk

so were can i find a fully compatable mother bord in a fhew weeks i realy want the asus p5w delux because of its auto overclocking capibilities i wish it was fully compatable :(

bball4life

They will just start popping up on places like newegg, but I think those ones listed before are compatible without flashing the bios, or else they shouldn't be listed as compatible for the core 2's.

bball4life

matteuk said:
na m8 i checked out the reviews u have to its realy inoying because the asus p5w is my dream mobo :(
Well then it looks like you have a few options, get that mobo and flash its bios, if it has an update for conroe.

Get a different mobo

Or wait for asus to come out with a revision of that mobo that is made for conroe, it may be a completely different name, but if should be comparable.