High cpu temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelfin

Hi guys,

I’m in a bit of a panic at the moment. So I checked my CPU temperature using HWiNFO64 and it showed unusually high temperature spikes. I do not have anything on except for that program. The usual temperature is 39C but occasionally it spikes up to 67C. I thought I might be infected, so I scanned using Malwarebytes and the temperature went up to 77C! I checked the Task Manager and Malwarebytes Services was using up 100% of my CPU! Anyway, I ran CCleaner registry and temporary files cleaner as well as Avast Antivirus. No virus. I did install Kaspersky Internet Security briefly last week but immediately uninstalled it. I have heard that people using this software have had huge CPU usage.

I am using an MSI laptop, and just recently got a Logitech G502 mouse, Z88 MechanicalEagle keyboard and connected them via a USB Hub. I don’t think that would be the problem though.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
How old is this laptop? Have you checked for dust bunnies inside the vents or around the cooling fan?

Steelfin

How old is this laptop? Have you checked for dust bunnies inside the vents or around the cooling fan?
It is 7 months old and I haven't had this problem until very recently I think ( I only scanned the temperatures today for the first time in weeks).

I just watched a video on PotPlayer. Temperature rose to 70C for a second. Last month, watching a video would only reach 55C max. Only time I've ever gone to 70C was when I played some Steam games.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What processor do you have? 70 degrees is getting to high if thats the actual temp. Is the cooling fan running pretty fast, sound like an airplane taking off?

Steelfin

What processor do you have? 70 degrees is getting to high if thats the actual temp. Is the cooling fan running pretty fast, sound like an airplane taking off?
The laptop is a MISI Leopard Pro GP62 6QF. The CPU's an i7 6700HQ. I do not have the Cooler Boost option enabled (button on laptop). The sound's the same as always (pretty quiet), maybe it's slightly louder than normal, I can't tell. But definitely not loud at all. Nowhere near what the Cooler Boost does.

But the high temperatures isn't the only problem. Malwarebytes used up 100% of my CPU load, so I reverted back to Malwarebytes 2.2 (or something) and it's better. Freemake still uses up all of my CPU although I don't remember if it did that in the past too. Torrenting is fine though, approximately 20% CPU load.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Just for shits and giggles run these 2 programs and post the logs.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.

•Please close all open programs and internet browsers.
•Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
•Click on Scan.
•After the scan you will need to click on clean for it to delete the adware.
•Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
•Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.
•You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt as well - n is the order number.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

•Shutdown your antivirus to avoid any conflicts.
•Very important that you run the tool in this manner:
Right-mouse click JRT.exe and select Run as administrator
Do NOT just double-click it.
•The tool will open and start scanning your system.
•Please be patient as this can take a while to complete.
•On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
•Post the contents of JRT.txt in your next message.

Steelfin

Just for shits and giggles run these 2 programs and post the logs.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.

•Please close all open programs and internet browsers.
•Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
•Click on Scan.
•After the scan you will need to click on clean for it to delete the adware.
•Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
•Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.
•You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt as well - n is the order number.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

•Shutdown your antivirus to avoid any conflicts.
•Very important that you run the tool in this manner:
Right-mouse click JRT.exe and select Run as administrator
Do NOT just double-click it.
•The tool will open and start scanning your system.
•Please be patient as this can take a while to complete.
•On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
•Post the contents of JRT.txt in your next message.

My JRT log.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes
Version: 8.1.2 (03.10.2017)
Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64
Ran by Cawickeng (Administrator) on Sun 09/04/2017 at 9:19:03.78

File System: 2

Successfully deleted: C:\Windows\system32\Tasks\IORRT (Task)
Successfully deleted: C:\Windows\wininit.ini (File)

Registry: 1

Successfully deleted: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{2A379728-4215-4BE1-AF2C-22C0ECD8AB7C} (Registry Key)

Scan was completed on Sun 09/04/2017 at 9:20:16.10
End of JRT log

The problem is that I need IORRT for my Microsoft Office activation key. I've had that for months and have had no problems with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.