High latency due to diplay driver

Bill16857

I am getting very high latency with my sound (up 9000) stays at around 8000 when scrolling through my music in itunes as well as the current song cracking and popping. This has only become an issue when i upgraded my motherboard from the ASUS M3N78-VM to the one listed below, my CPU from the AMD Athlon™ 64 6000+AM2 to the one listed below, and my RAM from Kingston DDR2 2048MB(2x1G)PC6400 to the one listed below.

I did a fresh intall of windows 7 when i installed these components i also made sure all my drivers were up to date. I beleive it is a display driver issue simply because when i disable the display driver i do not get high latency and my audio is fine i can play songs and scroll though my music without any distortion or carcking and popping from the music. I have attached a sample of a song when i scroll though itunes. Please help as it is very frustrating
thanks, bill

Last edited:

Bill16857

yes have tried using old drivers didnt seem to help, just updated my directx, that didn't fix it either. I'm at a loss at what is happening i also updated to BIOS to the most recent but that didnt seem to help either. ahhh it is so frustrating haha