High memory usage.

4NGU$

VIP Member
Hello computer forumers, long time no speak.

having a bit of an issue with my pc of late. I'm running a 4gb ram system but it seems to be idling at around 40% of that and then going upto 60% when I'm running Firefox on its own.

So if i try and run say Photoshop and Firefox the system ops out and asks me to close photoshop or just shuts it for me. so i could probably do with out the net while I'm editing photos but running Lightroom and photoshop at the same time is out of the question and that is really necessary for my process.
When I first build the pc i could run Premier, Photoshop and light room at the same time so I know my hard ware can manage it. but i cant seem to find the cause of the problem

I have run malwearbites a few weeks ago but that didn't seem to speed anything up

(spec list: q6600, 4gb ddr3, nvidia 8800, 60gbSSD)

any help would be wonderful as it staring to drive me mad :cool:

4NGU$

VIP Member
I did have it moved to another drive but i thought it might be the problem so I reinstated it on the ssd I might have messed it up though... as nothing really changed

4NGU$

VIP Member
I have looked at the process list a lot but I don't know what i can get rid of, Ive tried getting rid of most things on start up using ccleaner

Display fusion is for running both monitors with start bars etc...
processes.jpg

sami98uy

I guess one of your applications have a memory leak, You can try to click on start then type in msconfig and hit enter, then under the startup tab untick all the applications you dont want to startup then reboot your machine. This could help as one of these apps might be causing the issue

linkin

VIP Member
Take a picture of your full performance tab on task manager, also click resource manager, go to the memory tab and post a screenshot of that as well.