High Temperature

Blabber Mouth

These are the temperatures in my Compaq presario windows XP home edition with 80 GB of memory.
the program i use says...
Temp 1: 65C
HDO: 40C
Temp 2: 35C

are these temperatures to high? look below to my next post for pics.

Blabber Mouth

pictures

images.php

images.php

Rick G

Not sure what program you have to check temps, but I have been through the same thing. I would guess that the highest temp is a false reading as most mobo only have sensors in the cpu and northbridge. The temps you have look fine, what are they under heavy load. If these are your idle temps and cpu is at 40C, is maybe a little high but not overly. Try opening the side cover of your case and directing a house fan on the mobo and do a temp check and see if ther's any effect. If there is and the temps are lower then you need to address a heating issue, try more fans or a larger heat sink.

Bobo

banned
Those temps don't look bad, if we suppose that temp 1 is the CPU, and temp 2 is the NB. What CPU?

BTW, where did you get these temps? Since when do OEM comps let you see temps on things other then the hdd? Mine doesn't (Compaq Presario SR1010Z '04)

P.S. the links don't work;)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The temps can be good or bad depending on the hardware you have in place or whether they are stress or idle temps :)