High Temperatures - E6600

Warriorhazzard

I have been getting temperatures around 65C on idle. I searched around and noticed others with the same processor and stock heat sink are getting temperatures way below that.

Right now I have a fan blowing air inside which did cool it down some. The fan speed went down though from 2400 RPM to 1900 RPM. I tried different BIOS settings on the fan control but failed (I'm not sure how I can set it to max or to be able to adjust it using SpeedFan -_-)

I checked the BIOS temperature when booting up (with different combination of settings and it kept reading 88C -- last time I got those temperatures was when I first build it and had to re-apply thermal compound since it kept shutting down)

I just cleaned my computer getting all the dust out. Should I reapply thermal compound? Or what? xD

Screen shots are with the fan
mcchao.jpg

166qux.jpg

15p4mc4.jpg

Thanks
Warrior :D

linkin

VIP Member
You're using the stock cooler. Check that all those wretched push pins are in properly, anf if they are it's time for some new thermalpaste and a reseat.

Also, speedfan is not too reliable for it's temperature readings. Try HWMontior or RealTemp

Last edited:

AlienMenace

Have you taken the heat sink off and cleaned that also, taking it apart to do a better job at it. And re-apply thermal compound like "Linkin" says.

Warriorhazzard

Edit: I had forgotten to plug the CPU power in after removing it twice. It's definitely restarting after a few seconds because of the HS so it should be fixed after I get a new one.

Thanks!
Warrior :cool:

Last edited: