Highest Acceptable GPU Temp?

What's the highest average temperature your GPU should be at?

• Total voters

stinkycheeseman99

What's the highest average temperature your video card should be at? Post your VGA card, GPU temp, and VGA cooler. (Stock or aftermarket.)

Arm_Pit

banned
Geforce 6600 PCI-E 35C idel always less then 50 full load. stock SILENT cooling without a fan, except that i have a 80mm fan blowing on it.

Thats my only card that has a temp sensor on it. Others are to cheap.

mrjack

VIP Member
My X800RX idles at 39°C when I have it OC'ed and load temps are about 60°C max. Usually around 55°C and under though, depends on how hot the room is.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Heya

You should always look at cards in specific. Most have shutdown thresholds after 100 Celsius. On my 6600GT, I would consider the max to be 90 Celsius.

JAN :D

Last edited:

colin2238

My X1600pro is about 38c idle and heats to low 50's under high load. Highest temp ive seen on mine was 58c and that was when i wanted to see oblivion maxed. I can tell you it didnt run so well

Geoff

VIP Member
My X850XT PE never hits above 55-60C when the fan is working fully, but when its only at 14% it gets to around 70-75C.

stinkycheeseman99

A recent application of Artic Silver 5 (...or is it 6), replacing the stock crap (can I say crap?) had lowered my Sapphire ATi x1600 Pro GPU idle temperature from 74 C to 66 C. (That's still pretty bad though as it reaches 90 C under a load.) I'm planning to replace the stock cooling with an aftermarket cooler. Did the sam thing with my CPU and it lowered the temp six degrees. (From 44 C to 38 C....)

(....although everyone is entitled to their opinion, I think ETSA is crazy with his answer [+120 C]. I don't even know why I put that option....)

Last edited:

Filip

In these hot days, avarage idle temp jumped from 35°C to 45°C, after hard gaming, before I didn't see it go past 60°C and now it's hits around 75°C, vid card in signature.