hitachi 19'' went black for 1 sec!!!!!

thanostc

Hi to everyone!! I have a pc with the following config: P4 3.0 Ghz, siemens mb D1675, 512 RAM, creative radeon 9200se, 80gig WD, monitor hitachi 19'' !! My question is that yesterday while i was using a program to decode a video file to mpeg format, my monitor went black for a sec and back on again!! Nothing else happened hunging or something like this, i also opened the event viewer and nothing went wrong!!!Did anyone of you faced the same issue before???

Thanks in advance!!! :(

Last edited:

thanostc

Thank you for replying!! The strange that i realised now is that because i left the program to encode the file without turning off the monitor i put the turn off monitor option to none!!! Then when i saw this issue i checked the option s again and it was set to 10minutes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But if we suppose that this option was enabled to switch off the monitor i didn't move anything like the mouse to make the screen turn on again!!! but my issue is that this happened fora just one sec!!!

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
The screen could turn black when changing resolutions. So probably a program started that requires another resolution. Have you checked your system for viruses and spywares?

thanostc

No i didn't check it but i just fresh installed xp pro with no program at all!! The only progam installed is the XPERT DVD MAKER USB 2 with it's software!!As to be accurate yesterday that i saw this issue, i was decoding a video that i captured from my vcr to mpeg format, but at that time i wasn't in front of the monitor but nearly and i suddenly didn't saw the light of the monitor!!!So i don't know exactly if it was black screen or a dos application of the decoder!!!It's the first time that i use this program!!!